My Most Memorable Online Shopping Experience

Jul 14, 2011 - Dreamed by Kenx Leong at 8:43 PM

Nowadays, online shopping is very popular in the world , because it is so convenient to our life. Shopping on the Internet, or shopping online, is being more and more popular.

It was my very first time to try eBay and I loved it so much. eBay, a popular online shopping site, has been around for years already but it was only in 2009 that I signed up an account with it and browsed through its shopping catalogs. I once heard a blogger friend said US and UK sellers are the best. They’re easy to deal with and they ship products for real. And so with this testimony, I made sure UK and US sellers would be my priority.

My first eBay purchase? A Polaroid One Step CloseUp 600 Film Instant Camera! Armed with my Paypal account(with my father's credit card...haha), I bought the camera for RM100++ including the postage fees in 2009.

Around three weeks later...
*pit pit*...*pit pit*
My camera was finally arrived at my house all the way from United States. Here is my lovely instant camera!




The camera is so nice although it is second-handed. I think the camera was taken care properly by the seller. Glad that the camera is functioning perfectly :)




The camera was packed nicely in a box. Thanks to the seller for the good packaging because the camera was travelling for three weeks in the box safely. Haha!




Overall, I'm satisfied with the service provided by the seller. She answered every questions I asked her in a polite manner and fast response. She is indeed a good seller huh~

After this great experience shopping online, I bought another camera again the next few months(my pocket money...TT). It is called Holga Micro-110. Guess how much did I buy it? I bought it for around RM30 only. Should I say it is cheap? But it is so cute! Now I know that "cheap and cheerful" can be at the same time. LOL.






Know why I buy cameras online? Because I can't find any camera shops selling those special cameras in my hometown! Furthermore, I can save a lot too. eBay is a place where you can find good bargains and hard-to-find unique goods not found anywhere else.

Overall my experience with shopping on eBay has been a positive one. Although shipping is always a problem (some of them took like 2 months to arrive from Hong Kong), I think such things are beyond the sellers’ control. They don’t dictate the actions of the mailing or shipping companies. And they don’t control the weather either. All the merchandise I purchased came to me without any problems. Yes, I have to admit, some of the products I had bought, the quality leaves a lot to be desired. But then again, if you want quality stuff, then you will have to fork out the money. I normally purchase from eBay to save some money on some stuff which were not urgently needed. Remember, some delivery would takes months to arrive! Seems to me that Hong Kong Airmail is the culprit.

Shopping at eBay is always fun. Waiting for the items to arrive is another story, especially if they come from the United States and the United Kingdom. While it is recommended to shop at eBay in your own country, you can’t just deprive yourself of the wide offerings from abroad. If you think the item is worth the long wait, grab it at once. A package from the US or UK or just about any country overseas can go anywhere from 1 week to 2 months before reaching you.

If you are thinking of shopping online, my advise to you is to go small. Don’t buy expensive stuff. Buy the cheap goods first. After having some experience with online retailers, you should be able to know which retailers are reputable and reliable and which are not. It is not something that can be easily taught. My motto is “If it is too good to be true, then it probably is” and when you do shopping online, it is exactly the same thing. So go ahead and enjoy your online shopping. Don’t let a few errand retailers ruin your day.


Before I finish my post, I guess this is a great news to all the Malaysian! So, here it is...

The first and largest E-commerce Fair in Malaysia, Lelong.my E-commerce Fair is coming soon!

Date: 12th, 13th, 14th August 2011 (Friday to Sunday)
Time: 11.00 am to 9.00 pm
Location: Mid Valley Exhibition Centre (Hall 1 & 2)



This blog post is written for the purpose of joining "Lelong Blog Post Contest".
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...